Here at Sparkler City, we get a lot of questions about how to use bottle sparklers properly. These questions range from basic safety procedures to how you attach them to your bottle. Even what the best way to light them is. In light of the high demand for the answers to these types of questions from our loyal bar and nightclub customers, we have decided to put together this page for your reference purposes.
How to Use Bottle Sparklers Safely – The Basics
It’s important to remember that bottle sparklers are combustible just like any other type of fireworks that you’ve handled in the past. The fact that they are commonly used indoors and around large groups of people has nothing to do with the fact that they can still be dangerous if not handled properly. Never point a burning bottle sparkler at any person or object and always make sure it is far away from anyone or anything. Just remember to use common sense and treat them like the fireworks they are and you shouldn’t have any problems while using them.
Attaching Sparklers to Bottles
Attaching your sparklers to a bottle is very simple; provided you have all the right equipment on hand. You will need a sparkler safety clip to do this correctly because any other method can lead to problems. Simply attach the larger side of your safety clip to the neck of your favorite bottle of wine, liquor, champagne, or other adult beverage and fasten the sparkler into the smaller side of the clip. Your bottle sparkler should now be sturdy and secure and awaiting the moment that you light it up.
Lighting a Bottle Sparkler
Lighting bottle sparklers is a fairly painless and simple process. Unlike regular sparklers, you light the entire tip area of these to get them going. There is a small piece of (what appears to be) tissue paper covering the end, and that’s what you want to light. You can use a match, lighter, candle, blowtorch; it doesn’t really matter. Just make sure you keep your hand out of the way when it starts throwing out its sparks.
Delivering a Bottle to a Table
When carrying your bottle service customers their sparkling bottle, it is important to keep it away from the guests until they have finished emitting sparks. Don’t let the customer handle the bottle during the performance, nor should you set the bottle on the table. Your best choice is to hold it in the air in a visible area away from the table until the sparklers are finished and then remove the used sparklers and clip before you set it down for the customer to enjoy their drinks. Not only will this allow them the full show, but it also prevents any unintentional injury to the customers. You need to educate your employees on how to use bottle sparklers correctly. When mastered, this can make your customers feel like VIPs while at your club!
Extinguishing Bottle Sparklers
After you’ve learned how to use bottle sparklers, they’re finished burning, and you’ve removed them from the bottle along with the safety clip, it can be tempting to toss them in the trash. After all, if your hand isn’t on fire while holding them, they are obviously safe to chuck into the trash. Wrong. Small embers that could still be cooling can easily light paper or other trash even if you believe it is completely extinguished. To be completely safe, you should always extinguish your used bottle sparklers entirely. Do this by submerging them in water before tossing them in the trash. Also, always keep a high quality fire extinguisher on hand, too.
Many bars and nightclubs keep a bucket behind the bar on busy nights and then empty all of the used bottle sparklers into the trash at the end of the night. Part of knowing how to use bottle sparklers properly is making sure they’re completely extinguished. Then you can confidently attend to the customers in your bar or nightclub and focus on other tasks.