Almost every bar and nightclub is offering bottle service these days, and it has really improved the experience for customers. However, since most clubs reside in major cities, there are serious concerns about using items like bottle sparklers to decorate your offerings. In general, the most predominate concern is fire safety; and many fire marshals have started cracking down hard. At a minimum, most venues are required to use the proper equipment to ensure customer safety. But what are sparkler safety clips and how can they prevent any unwanted incidents? In the following post, I’ll try to answer all your pressing questions.
Types of Sparkler Safety Clips
Overall, the most common question I get is “what are sparkler safety clips?” First off, it’s really important to understand the different types available to fully understand their purpose. Below, I’ve laid out the three different types that are available. Additionally, I’ll discuss the pros and cons of each type of holder. Here’s what you need to know.
Most clubs only use one sparkler at a time for their bottle service offerings. So, the logical option is to get some single bottle sparkler clips to keep behind the bar. These are the least expensive and easiest to use version, and they are what most people have on hand. They are made from flexible ABS plastic so they are compatible with all types of bottles and sparklers. Their durable design makes them reusable, and their plastic construction makes them recyclable when they’ve outlived their usefulness.
For bars and nightclubs, the main draw of VIP services is that they draw attention to the customer. So, if one sparkler does a pretty good job, shouldn’t two be even better? That’s exactly why we created our double bottle sparkler clips to give you more flexibility! They have all the same features and benefits of the single clips, but they allow you to use either one or two items at the same time. If you want something that is both inexpensive and versatile, then double holders are the best choice for you.
If your venue resides in a highly competitive area, you are probably in a battle to bring in the most customers. In order to achieve your goal, you’ll need to have a much more spectacular presentation than your competitors. For club owners who want the biggest and the best, we’ve created the most insane and dazzling option available; triple bottle sparkler clips. Some people use them for very high end bottles, but they can be used in so many other ways, too. These are the most versatile of them all allowing you to choose one, two, or three items to display at once. They are made from the same high quality ABS plastic, so you can reuse them over and over again. Best of all, they eliminate the need to have any other sizes of clips on hand because they can do it all!
How to Use Sparkler Safety Clips
These items may seem very straight-forward, but what are sparkler safety clips good for if they aren’t used properly? In order to be an effective safety tool, each step needs to be followed correctly. Here is a breakdown of how to attach sparklers to a bottle properly. If you follow these steps, you will make your venue the safest one in the entire city.
10 Steps for Using Clips Properly
- Place the bottle on a level surface such as a bar top. The surface must be stable and sturdy.
- Hold the base of the spirit with one hand, and attach the clip to the neck with the other.
- Continue holding the bottle firmly, and snap a bottle sparkler into the receptacle on the clip. For our double or triple options, repeat the process until each slot is filled.
- Have the server who will be delivering the VIP package take your place holding the bottle; but this time with both hands.
- Using a quality torch lighter, light the tip of each sparkler to begin the performance.
- Once they are lit, the server should carefully navigate their way to the VIP table. Make sure to hold the display high enough to keep it away from customers, but not so high that you run into obstacles.
- Once you arrive at the table, continue holding the bottle away from the guests until the performance has concluded. Never set the bottle down on the table or hand it to a customer during the performance.
- When the show is over, remove the clip from the bottle neck with the sparklers still attached. Hold the side that attaches to the neck so you don’t come into contact with the hot spent casings.
- Carefully make your way back to the bar, and eject each sparkler into a bucket of water. After 30 seconds, they are rendered completely harmless and can be tossed in the trash.
- Give your sparkler safety clips a quick wipe down and put it back where it goes until another VIP package is ordered.
Why Should I Always Use a Sparkler Safety Clip?
Now that you know what sparkler safety clips are, you should already understand why they are so important. The safety of your customers should always be the top priority, and that should be reason enough. However, there are also legal consequences if you don’t use them every single time. If you were to injure a customer or employee, you could be liable in a lawsuit scenario. If you are particularly reckless, you could even face jail time. Lastly, some big city fire departments are very strict and will shut your nightclub down. With so many factors promoting making the safe choice, this one should really be common sense.
Never Use any Substitutes
As a business owner, you already know how important it is to keep your costs as low as possible. In that spirit, it’s conceivable that you may seek an alternative to purchasing real clips for your bottle sparklers. However, this can be a very dangerous decision; and it actually makes jail time more likely than just negligence. You see, by using a make-shift device, you are basically admitting that you know it needs to be attached properly. However, you are using an unsafe method to do it, which suggest prior knowledge of the impending dangers. Here is a list of some commonly used substitutes that can open you up to a heap of litigation risks.
- Rubber Bands
- Hair Ties
- Cable/Zip Ties
- Glue and Adhesives
- Silly Putty
- Paper Clips
- Chip Clips
- Hose Clamps
What Sparkler Safety Clips are the Best Choice?
At the end of the day, only you can decide which version is right for you. Overall, it’s more important to understand what sparkler safety clips are and that you actually use them. However, I always suggest taking the time to review the pros and cons of the different sizes of bottle sparkler clips to help make up your mind. Most people choose single holders, but the triple holders are by far the most versatile. In my opinion, it’s best to just buy the triples if you can afford it. However, as long as you are using one of these options, you and your guests can both enjoy a safe and fun experience.